Come to my play!

Manhattan Repertory Theatre Presents:

King of the Mountain

Written by Tom Decker
Directed by Mary Geerlof
Performed by Ryan Murray

April 29, 30, and May 1 @ 7pm

Tickets: $20
Reservations: (646) 329-6588

Manhattan Repertory Theatre
303 W. 42nd St. @ 8th Ave. - 3rd Floor - NYC

March 23, 2009

Getting Stuff Done

That’s what today was about, since this past week, well, just wasn’t.


In the last week, all I managed to accomplish was ordering my postcards. Actually … they showed up in less than a week, and cost less than I thought. So, look at me: I have 250 postcards with my awesome logo!


But besides that …


A week ago, I had something of a freak out when I thought about all I needed to do, and how much I would need to spend (even though I received a bailout check), and (mostly) how I had no idea how to do any of it. From that point, I let many things get in the way of doing the many things I had to do. Eventually, I came to the conclusion, that while I may be a capable playwright, my producing skills were not up to par. And soon, the week was over and I was on the verge of losing another weekend.


Thankfully, I realized 1)I don’t want this play to suck and 2) I know some very helpful people: Mandy and Tim. And they said, yeah, you let a week go, but you can’t dwell on that or you’ll lose another. And so we made a list for the whole production—with deadlines (very important). And a list for today. And I sat down, and worked on checking things off.


Let’s consider this final one crossed off. A new list waits tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray lists! Sorry, I really like to-do lists. Yay for checking things off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy, don't freak out.
    That's so... sixties!

    Love reading this!!
    Nancy Blevins

    ReplyDelete