Come to my play!

Manhattan Repertory Theatre Presents:

King of the Mountain

Written by Tom Decker
Directed by Mary Geerlof
Performed by Ryan Murray

April 29, 30, and May 1 @ 7pm

Tickets: $20
Reservations: (646) 329-6588

Manhattan Repertory Theatre
303 W. 42nd St. @ 8th Ave. - 3rd Floor - NYC

January 13, 2010

REJECTED!

Well, kids, it looks like I've been rejected in my attempts to get my play "King of the Mountain" published ... twice. A few months ago, angry and disappointed in my lack of productivity (when am I not) and hankering for the good ol' days, I brushed of my gem of a play and sent it off to a few journals ranging from Alaska and Canada to a few in the Northeast. And slowly the rejection letters have been delivered at my door. Actually, the journal in Alaska responded promptly. I ripped open the return envelope, read the polite stock rejection note, and taped it to my wall. And just the other day, I received another. Ripped, read, taped all over again. I have space on my wall for both acceptance and rejection letters, but I've obviously given more space to the latter. Oh, and I think a festival rejected the play a month or so ago. So I go that going for me. Time to send it out again. (Actually, I should write something else.) T-Dexxx out.

No comments:

Post a Comment